The Best Cars to Cope with Mumbai Traffic
For those not in a mood to buy car to avoid high depreciation, for utilitarian reasons, or simply because of budgetary limitations, second hand cars will suit all the needs perfectly. It may interest you to know that unlike the new car market, which has traversed some rough patches in recent times, India’s used car market has had a relatively stable growth. From 1.6 million units in 2011, it is today pegged at 3.3 million units. Going by the statement of Nagendra Palle, MD, Mahindra First Choice Wheels Ltd, the used car or pre-owned car market will experience a steady paced growth of 15% to touch Rs. 2,50,000 crore of 6.6 million units by 2021. However, driving in India can be quite a Herculean task. And when it comes to Mumbai, the traffic is even worse. For buying used cars in Mumbai, one should opt for cars which have zero turbo lag and can be excellent drives in city traffic conditions with linear pickup. The cars that are most well-suited for city bumper to bumper traffic with unmatched low end engine response are many, and these include both diesel as well as petrol cars.
Here’s the few Cars to Cope with Mumbai Traffic
1. Nissan Micra Diesel & Renault Pulse : These come with zero turbo tag and linear torque, and are therefore wonderfully suitable to be driven in Mumbai’s traffic conditions. If you are looking for second hand cars with less gear shift, light clutch and fuel efficiency, either of this can be an excellent pick for you.
2. Volkswagen Polo 1.5 TDI : This also guarantees an effortless drive, especially for Mumbai’s traffic conditions. It is equipped with a short gear box and a long gear ratio. Coupled with a powerful engine with good low end torque, it is not only fun to drive but also a savior for high traffic. You can expect outstanding ride quality, zero turbo, gearbox and steering dynamics with power prep from traffic to high speed.
3. Hyundai Grand i10 Diesel : It is a huge boon for those who have to face daily traffic and commute at a slow, snarling pace. With peak RPM achieved at low 1500 rpm, this highly fuel efficient car is made for high city traffic.
4. Maruti Swift : This has a powerful and responsive engine, and is eager for pickup. It can prove to be a solid drive in city traffic. Its light weight and aerodynamics make it all the trendier.
5. Honda Amaze : This car with petrol manual transmission, is the best car to drive in compact sedan segment for city traffic conditions in India, especially Mumbai. It is lightweight and has a lowest turning radius at 4.5 meter along with accurate steering.
If you are looking for used cars in Mumbai, these can definitely be great choices for you. There are also other excellent options for second hand cars, including Maruti Baleno CVT Automatic, Volkswagen Polo TSI, Honda Jazz Diesel, and so on. The second hand car market is evolving structurally, coupled with the growing societal acceptance of people buying pre-owned cars.